Thursday, February 26, 2015

What's Up

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I started this a few years ago, but I haven't really used it much, but I'm hoping to change that going forward. So I thought I would write a little post about what I'm currently up to.

For the past 17 months, my number one priority has been my daughter, husband, and home. Once my little one was born, my world completely changed. I left my job as an artist/manager for a big name baby clothes company to become a stay at home mom. It's a decision I will never regret making and it's been an amazing journey so far.

It's very easy to let everyday tick by without taking time for the creative dreamer that's still inside of me. For the longest time, my only creative outlet was looking and pinning art on pinterest and "thinking" about what I could draw and write. Back in November I made a commitment to myself to join in Nanowrimo and write a 50,000 word novel in one month. This year I was determined to follow through. And I did it! Mostly in one hour daily increments while my daughter napped. It was just the kick I needed to boost my confidence to start creating again.

So, what am i up to besides my home life? This:

1. Revision One on Maggie Rose: Monster Hunter, the YA novel I wrote in November.
2. Beginning to build up a portfolio of my own artwork
3. A litte bit of Freelance graphic art work

I welcome anyone who'd like to join me as I embark on these new ventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment