Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And so it begins

In an effort to break through the binding fear of sharing my stories, I've decided to start this little experiment. On this blog I will periodically post small sections of one of my novels. I wrote this particular book back in 1996. Is it any good? I have no idea. But the characters are alive in these words, and they are still very real for me, even today. Regardless whether the book is good or bad, maybe just the act of putting these words out in the world for anyone to read will help me conquer my fears.

I've been writing since the fourth grade. I have spiral notebooks full of these scribblings that span years and years and years. Now, at the age of 36 (ugh! almost 37) I'm wondering how I've let so much time pass without even once querying for publication. Seriously, if I want to keep calling myself a writer it's time to live up to that title. Oh, I have tons of excuses. My high-pressure-full time-corporate-artist-job, the hours I spend each day commuting in traffic jams, I'm not good enough, I'm tired, and on and on and on.

I can't promise you the best grammar, punctuation, technical stuff like that. The purpose is just to share what I have and hopefully make some friends along the way. So stay tuned. The experiment will commence shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are taking the plunge Diana. Don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of comments and feedback at first. I have found that people ARE reading, even if it doesn't seem like it. I wish you the best of luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete